Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Chocolate Toffee Delight

 This here recipe is all mom's fault. SHE was trying to make dad a birthday cake and screwed it up. Don't be like her. I had her chop it into 1" chunks and threw it in a bag to save for this Trifle that I suddenly envisioned. I sorta thought I knew kinda what I was doing, so I didn't look up a recipe for a trifle. I just more or less built one of my own. 

 I was informed by one person that I can use the Bible Study goers as Guinea pigs anytime I want to, so I'm guessing this must have tasted ok. I WAS Planning on putting a layer of the toffee bits in the middle layer there, where you see white stuff in between black stuff, but I didn't remember that part until the top layer of cake was on. Don't be like me either. You can be yourself if you want to tho. It's probably more fun anyhow!


1 (9x13 size) pan of brownies*, cut into 1" cubes
1 (6 oz.) box Cook N' Serve Chocolate Fudge pudding, prepared according to the instructions
1 (8 oz.) pkg. cream cheese, softened
1 (8 oz.) tub cool whip
1/4 C. powdered sugar
1/2 tsp. vanilla
Toffee bits or a crushed Heath bar or Skor bar
Mini chocolate chips

 *I'm telling you to use brownies, 'cause normal chocolate cake ain't gonna hold up right when it's layered like this. I don't think. But then you already knew that I don't think, so never mind.

 Step 1. Bake, cool & cube your brownies.
 Step 2. Prepare your pudding.
 Step 3. Beat the cream cheese until smooth. Add the cool whip, vanilla & powdered sugar. Beat until smooth & creamy. SOMEONE had snuck LITE cool whip into my freezer. DON'T be like them!! It defeats the purpose of this dessert.
 Step 4. Layer half the cake in a trifle bowl. Top with half the chocolate pudding and half the cream cheese mixture. Sprinkle with toffee bits. (You could even sprinkle on some mini chocolate chips if you felt led to do so...) Repeat layers. Top with mini chocolate chips and more toffee bits for garnish. Refrigerate until serving.

No comments:

Post a Comment