Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Stir Fry



Please pardon me, I don't actually have a recipe for this. I just keep tasting and dumping until it tastes right. So your tastebuds are gonna hafta be your judges here! :) But I've made it for mom & dad for years and they love it and so do my kids. Reece doesn't count 'cause he doesn't like anything that remotely smacks of anything Chinese. :D I don't make normal stir fry. It's some conglomeration of stuff I like and stuff. At least I don't think it's normal.

Here's the veggies, sans carrots. I picked them all out so Rachel could eat the same stuff as us. :)


Stir fry your meat until it starts turning brown. I just buy roasts when they're on sale and then cut them up into chunks for stir fry of stew. Much cheaper than buying the actual stir fry meat.


My array of rather unconventional stir fry ingredients.


When the meat is browned, dump in all the sauce stuff and cook for about 10 minutes.


And for some reason there's no picture of the veggies with the meat. ??? Anyway, add the veggies and cook until they're half tender. Serve over this pot of rice. Actually, make your own rice. This stuff if LONG gone! ;)


1 lb. beef, cut in bite size chunks
Olive oil
2 (16 oz.) bags stir fry veggies
3 T. Worcestershire sauce
3 T. soy sauce
2-3 T. teriyaki marinade
2 T. oyster sauce
1/2 tsp. Oriental Five spice
White pepper

  Fry the meat in the olive oil until it starts browning, then add all the sauces and seasonings. Cook for about 5-10 minutes. Then add the veggies. Keep stirring and cooking until the veggies are done. I always add more sauces as it's cooking until it tastes right.

No comments:

Post a Comment