Friday, March 2, 2012

Bacon Cheeseburger Meatloaf


I found this recipe's cousin in the Cooking Club magazine that I get every month. I'm a Life Member of the Cooking Club of America, and I love their magazine!! Anyhow, I say this recipe's cousin, because I'm pretty sure the person who made it would have no idea this was the same thing if the met this meatloaf going down the street... HA! Either way, this stuff in Nummy. I know, 'cause my girls said so.

Bacon Cheeseburger Meatloaf

1  1/2 lbs. hamburger
1 (12 oz.) pkg. bacon, diced*
2 eggs
1/2 C. ketchup
1/2 C. oatmeal
1/4 C. Worcestershire sauce
1 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. pepper
1/2 tsp. Mrs. Dash
1/4 tsp. onion powder
1  1/2 C. shredded sharp cheddar cheese, divided
1 C. french fried onions




 *Dice the bacon by cutting the raw bacon in strips with kitchen shears, and then cut it in little dices. It works great and it's much easier than crumbling it after it's fried!!

 Fry the bacon until it's just about crisp, then drain in a paper towel lined bowl. Crumble the hamburger in a large bowl, then add the bacon, eggs, ketchup, oats, Worcestershire sauce, salt, pepper, Mrs. Dash, onion powder and 3/4 C. shredded cheese. Mix with your hands until well blended. Spray a loaf pan with cooking spray, form the meat mixture into a good looking loaf and place gently in the pan. Bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes. Top with the remaining cheese and the french fried onions. Bake an additional 10-15 minutes, or until thoroughly cooked.

1 comment:

  1. This sounds so very yummy cuz I love me some bacon However I bet it would be heartburn in a loaf pan. Sigh.

    ReplyDelete