Thursday, July 14, 2011

A Pie So Good That Reece Can't Eat It


In the actual world this pie is probably called Chocolate Cream Cheese Satin Pie but I like my name better. It has more of a ring to it don't you think?

Please pardon my nausea for these many many moons. I couldn't stand thinking about writing about food on here so I haven't posted anything at all. Hence the large pile of recipes and magazines next to my computer. *sigh*

Here's your recipe. And trust me. Cut it in the smallest pieces you can or you'll die of sugar overload. Unless you're like me and my kids, in which case you'd have to eat 3 small pieces in order to satisfy everyone, but there is no documentation on this theory. And as usual... No recipe escapes unscathed when I gaze upon it... so with no further ado... Please wipe up your drool. I'm done talking now.

I think.

Crust:
1  1/2 C. Oreo cookie crumbs
5 T. butter, melted

Filling:
11 oz. semisweet chocolate, chopped
1 (8oz.) pkg. cream cheese, softened
1/2 C. powdered sugar, divided
2 C. whipping cream
2 t. vanilla

Garnish:
2 T. grated semisweet chocolate -about 1 oz.

  Heat the oven to 325 degrees. Combine all the crust ingredients and press on to the bottom and up the sides of a 9" pie pan. *The easiest way to crush your cookies is stick them in the food processor until they are all crummy.* Bake for 8 minutes and cool on a wire rack.
  Melt the chopped chocolate in a heat proof bowl over a pan of simmering water. Or just use a double boiler. *Do Not let the object containing the chocolate to touch the water!!* Stir often until the chocolate is melted and smooth.
  Beat the cream cheese and 1/4 C. of the powdered sugar until smooth. Beat in the melted chocolate until blended.
  Beat the cream, remaining powdered sugar and the vanilla until firm but NOT stiff peaks form. Fold half the whipped cream into the chocolate mixture until blended and spread into the crust. Spread the remaining whipped cream over the filling. Sprinkle with the grated chocolate. Refrigerate for at least 4 hours before serving. Cover and store in the fridge.

2 comments:

  1. oh my goodness, Ronda that looks simply delicious!! And I am not usually big on chocolate, must be this baby.. LOL.. I am printing this up and making it soon!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been craving some kinda choc fudge cake from Costco but it's sooo HUGE and kind of a lot of $$ that I haven't broke down and bought it yet. I don't have a special enough occasion :D THIS might just cure the craving. MIGHT.

    ReplyDelete