Sunday, January 23, 2011

Double Delight Peanut Butter Cookies

This recipe isn't one of mine, it was put in the Stenersen cookbook by my uncle Lowell. But I figured just in case you don't have one of our wonderful cookbooks at your finger tips, I'd post the recipe so you don't miss out! ;)

1/4 C. dry roasted peanuts, finely chopped (I had the party style so I used those)
1/4 C. sugar
1/2 tsp. cinnamon

1/2 C. creamy peanut butter (I didn't have creamy so I used chunky... and extra chunky)
1/2 C. powdered sugar

1 (16.5 oz.) roll refrigerated peanut butter cookie dough (I can't find a roll in the stores around here so I just bought a 14 oz. package. But the first time I made these I just made the dough too!)

In a small bowl, mix the chopped peanuts, sugar and cinnamon. Set aside. In another bowl, mix the peanut butter and powdered sugar until well blended. Shape mixture into 24 balls, about 1 inch each.


Cut roll of cookie dough into 12 slices. Cut each slice in half to make 24 pieces. Or if you're using your homemade dough divide it into 24 balls.



Flatten the cookie dough slightly and form around one peanut butter/powdered sugar ball, covering completely. Repeat with remaining dough and peanut butter balls.


Roll each covered ball in the peanut-sugar mixture; gently pat mixture completely onto the balls.


Place 2 inches apart on a large ungreased cookie sheet. With a drinking glass, flatten each ball to 1/2 inch thickness.



Sprinkle any remaining chopped peanut mixture on the cookies; gently press into dough.


Bake at 375 degrees for 8-12 minutes or until edges are golden brown. Cool 1 minute. Remove from cookie sheets to cooling rack. Store tightly covered.

And as Lowell said on his recipe... HIDE FROM KIDS!!! Probably from yourself too if you eat them like I'd like to!

No comments:

Post a Comment